THIS ADDENDUM DOES NOT AFFECT ANY OTHER PARTICIPATING STATION. THE CONTEST IS SUBJECT TO THE OFFICIAL CONTEST RULES FOR CLEAR CHANNEL NATIONWIDE IHEARTRADIO MUSIC FESTIVAL FLYAWAY CONTEST, FOUND HERE AND AS AMENDED HEREIN FOR THIS STATION ONLY.
Contest Name: iHeartRadio Music Festival Flyaway (the “Contest”)
Station: WHYI (the “Station”)
Station Address: 7601 Riviera Blvd. Miramar, FL. 33023
Contest Name: Q3 iHeartRadio Music Festival Flyaway (the “Contest”)
Station: Participating Stations (the “Station”)
Station Address: 32 Avenue of the Americas, New York, NY 10013
NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN (EXCEPT DATA AND MESSAGE RATES MAY APPLY) PURCHASE DOES NOT INCREASE ODDS OF WINNING. This Contest is open only to individuals ("Entrants") who are legal residents of the 50 United States and the District of Columbia that are or will be at least 18 years of age, or the age of majority in their state of residence, whichever is older, as of the time of entry* additional age restrictions apply, please see below for complete details and full disclosure. If you are not a permanent resident of the United States or you are not the required age as of time of entry, you are not eligible to participate in this Contest or to win a Prize. Void outside participating Station’s Total Market Area (TMA) and where prohibited or restricted by law. Odds of winning depend upon the order in which entrants call-in and the total number of callers participating for that call-in, corresponding to all participating stations, during the specific designated time and day during the Contest Period.
Clear Channel Broadcasting, Inc., its subsidiaries, affiliated companies and divisions to include Clear Channel Media & Entertainment (collectively, the “Company”), will conduct its contests substantially as described in the official contest rules, and by participating, each participant agrees as follows:
The Company may from time to time conduct contests concurrently and simultaneously on several participating radio stations ow ned and not owned by the Company, and in various States, and the Company may add or remove participating stations or change call letters of any participating station at any time during a contest as announced on the affected station. Participating statio ns are listed in Appendix A hereto attached. For a list of participating stations and/or a copy of the official contest rules, please visit the office of the participating station during normal business hours or send your request to as instructed herein.
The Contest is administered by the Company and any questions, comments or complaints regarding the Contest must be directed to the contest administrator. Entrant(s) acknowledges and understands that any information provided will be used for administeri ng the Contest and in accordance with Clear Channel privacy practices found here. The Contest sponsor(s), promotional partners and administrator is herein collectively referred to as the Contest Entities.
1. Description of Contest/Participation.
A. Dates of Contest: Contest will begin Monday, July 9, 2012 at 6:00 AM EST and end Sunday, September 16, 2012 at 11:59
PM EST (“Contest Period”). Entrants not located within the Eastern Standard Time (EST) zone, must factor in the time difference for the defined time zone in which they are located, e.g. July 31, 2012 at 11:59:00 PM Pacific Standard Time (PST) is 2:59 AM, August 1, 2012
Eastern Standard Time (EST)
*Throughout the Contest Period each weekday and weekend day a “sounder” or cue to play will be aired at various times along with a message instructing listeners to text a keyword for a chance to become a winner. There will be a total of ten (10) randomly s cheduled national playtimes each weekday; five (5) daily weekend winners during the Contest Period. The local participating Stations, at their sole discretion may or may not choose to air all playtimes due to programming obligations and other factors. Each participati ng Station reserves the right to amend the rules which may include opting out during specific time periods. In the event that a participating Station has made changes subject to the official rules, said changes shall individually apply to that specific Station’s participatio n and the Station’s listener’s participation and shall not apply to any other participating station. To determine if your local station has provided an addendum to these rules or for more information about the local station’s participation you may contact the local station dur ing regular business hours. Participating stations may or may not amend portions of this Contest at a local level in their sole discretio n. If a participating Station has amended any portion of the Official Rules the station will provide an addendum to these rules which will be deemed part of the official Contest rules for the individual station identified on the addendum. The participating Stations m ay or may not choose to announce exact times that future cues will be played. All participating Station listeners wil l be competing with listeners from other stations around the country who will also receive a "cue to play" at the same time and will be entered into the same po ol of entrants from which one winner each playtime will be determined.
This contest may also be referred to as the “qualifying contest” in which a winner may have an opportunity to participate in the “bonus prize contest” provided by the Company and its sponsors giving winners of this contest exclusive entry that would go i nto the draw for a bonus prize giveaway. Winners of this contest are not guaranteed entry into the bonus giveaways drawings and may or may not be eligible as determined solely by the participating station. The secondary contest or bonus prize contest shall be cons idered a separate contest, independent of this one with the exception of being determined a winner hereof to qualify for entry thereof.
B. How to Play: Throughout the Contest Period each weekday and on the designated weekends if any, a “sounder” or cue to play will be aired at various times along with a message instructing listeners to text the code word within a specific period of time (playtime) for a chance to become a winner. Listen to the participating stations for details on specific times to play. There will be a total of ten (10) scheduled playtimes each week day; five (5) daily weekend playtimes during the Contest Period.
C. How to Enter: Beginning Monday, July 9, 2012 listen to iHeartRadio.com or any participating station weekdays and weekends between 6:00 AM and 11:59 PM EST for the cue to play sounder to be announced. During the cue to play, a code word will be announced for that specific playtime. Listeners have 15 minutes after the sounder to text the code word to 36500. If you have a text-
messaging-capable cell phone from a participating carrier, you may enter by sending a text message to the short code with the correct code word before the designated deadline. Message and data rates may apply. Contact your carrier for rates applicable to your plan. Alternatively you may enter by logging onto one of the Pa rti c ip a tin g Sta ti on ’s we b s i te s during the designated playtime and follow the Contest links to enter the code word for that playtime and complete the online registration form for the Contest. All entries received online must be received within the same registration period for the designated playtime and include the correct code word. An y entry received or made either by text or online after the official registration period will not be valid and will not be deemed eligible. Winners will be selected at random from all eligible entries collectively received during each designated playtime. A total of ten (10) daily weekday winners; five (5) daily weekend winners; determined by one (1) winner per the designated cue to play and subject to verification, shall be selected to win the prize for a total of 600 possible Winners for the Contest period. Each cue to play is considered a playtime and is a separate registration period that will close at 15 minutes after the official time the cue sounded.
If Company determines the designated entrant is not eligible, the Company may select the next randomly selected entry from the same pool of entrants for that designated play time. Listen to the participating stations for details on specific times to play. The dates and times of station participation may vary and shall be determined solely by the individual participating Station and announced on air. All changes which are to be made by an individual station must be outlined in an addendum and attached hereto as part of the rule s. Any changes made by an individual station shall only apply to that individual station and shall not affect the playtimes of any oth er participating stations. All entries received are delivered to the same platform and are collectively combined, center regardless of which station the caller was listening to at the time of the sounder. Each cue to play” a winner will be determined for a possible total of ten (10) daily weekday winners; five (5) daily weekend winners for the duration of the Contest Period. All possible winners shall be limited to one (1) winner per designated cue to play (based on entries received all stations), is subject to verification, and will be awarded a trip for Two (2) to attend the 2012 "iHeartRadio Music Festival" in Las Vegas, NV. There will be an opportunity for a total of 600 possible winners for the overall contest. Throughout the contest period, valid winners may qualify for entry into a secondary contest for a bonus prize giveaway drawing(s), as determined by the individual participating station. Winners may visit their local participating station’s website or contact their local station for more details and to request a copy of the bonus contest rules to determine the Station’s bonus prize participation.
C. Winner Selection and Notification: At the end of each playtime registration will be closed and the Company will determine the winner. There will be one (1) Winner selected at random from all of the Eligible Entries collectively received during the designated
period for each playtime for a total of 10 possible daily winners Monday thru Friday and 5 daily winners Saturday and Sunday. The Company will attempt to contact all selected winners by phone at the phone number provided by the entrant within 5 minutes of the preceding play time deadline. Company will attempt to contact the entrant up to 3 times over a period not to exceed (5) five minutes. Entrant must answer the phone to be a designated winner. Administrator will attempt to contact the potential Winner via the telephone number provided at time of entry. No messages will be left on answering machines or voicemail systems and the potential winners must answer the call or will forfeit any rights to the prize. If a potential Winner cannot be reached directly following the close of registration period, the potential Winner will be disqualified and an alternate potential Winner will be selected at random from among all of the remaining eligible entries until a winner is determined. Due to time constraints, the Sponsor reserves the right to modify the notification procedures in connection with the selection of alternate winners, if any. Odds of winning depend upon the number of eligible entries received during a particular playtime.
D. Conditions on Participation: If the entrant is unable to verify registration information the entrant will automatically be disqualified and their prize will be forfeited. The Company reserves at its sole discretion the right to choose an alternative qualifier in the event that that a qualifier has been disqualified or is deemed ineligible. The Company is not responsible for any change of email address, mailing address and/or telephone number of entrants. Notification is deemed to have occurred immediately upon placing of a phone call or sending of an e-mail or any other form of communication Station may use to contact the qualifier and/or a potential winner. The Station is not obligated to leave voice mail, answering machine or other message. The Contest Entities are not responsible for and shall not be liable for late, misdirected or unsuccessful efforts to notify a qualifier or potential winners or for a ny late, misdirected, or if the qualifier or potential winner is a minor, for late, misdirected, or unsuccessful efforts of the entrant to provide signed parental or guardian consent. If the potential winner does not claim the prize within the appropriate time given upon notific ation or unless otherwise stated herein, the entrant will automatically be disqualified and their prize will be forfeited, no alternative prize will be substituted. Furthermore eligible contestants agree as follows: By participating, you agree (a) to be bound by these Official Rules; (b) as between you and the Company, that the decisions of the Company is final on all matters relating to the Contest; (c) you are not participating on behalf of any employer or third party; (d) in the event that you not comply with the rules, then the eligible winner will be disqualified. The Company, in its sole discretion, reserves the right to select an alternate qualifier and/or potential winner at that time.
Bonus Prize Giveaway - The winners from this contest may or may not be entered into a secondary contest as a qualifier for an opportunity to win one of the bonus prize giveaways. Winning this contest does not automatically qualify a winner of this contest to be eligible to participate in the secondary or bonus prize contest for the special bonus prize giveaway drawings. Certain restriction and eligibility requirements apply, and entry is only available thru this qualifying contest. See additional rules or contact the participating station for more details and information. Various stations will be participating in one or more of the bonus prize giveaways at the sole discretion of the participating Station. Stations may or may not participate in more than one of the Bonus Prize Drawings. Winners of this contest should verify any participation of the bonus prize giveaway by contacting their local station to determine participation or visit the Station’s website for more details. Winners may contact the participating station for the Official Rules of the Bonus Prize Giveaway(s) and to obtain further details during business hours or visit the station website for more information. Only eligible winners of this contest may qualify for entry into the bonus prize giveaway(s) as determined by the local station’s participation of any secondary contest. Winners selected from a station that has opted out of participating in the secondary contest for the bonus prize giveaway will not be eligible to qualify for any of the bonus prize drawings or entry into any secondary contest and no further obligation is due. All eligible qualifiers agree to be bound to these Official Rules and the Official Rules for the bonus contest as determined solely by the local participating station.
2. Prize(s). No more than the advertised number of prizes shall be awarded. A prize may not be sold, traded, or commissioned, and is not exchangeable, transferable, or redeemable for cash except in Company's sole discretion. Prize details and availability are subject to change. There are no substitutions unless specified by the Company. The Company reserves the right at its sole discretion to substitute any prize (or prize component) with another prize (or prize component) of equal or greater value. Prizing may be f ulfilled by a third party fulfillment company. The Sponsor and Released Parties are not in any way responsible or liable for damages resulting from shipping and handling, loss, use or misuse of any prize awarded in this contest.The prize is awarded if properly claimed according to the Rules and if there are sufficient eligible entries. The Company does not make, and is not responsible in any manner for, any warranties, representations, or guarantees, express or implied, in fact or law, relating to any prizes, regarding the use, va lue or enjoyment of the prize, including, without limitation, its quality, mechanical condition, merchantability, or fitness for a particular purpose. All other costs and expenses related to prize acceptance and use not specified herein as being provided are the sole responsi bility of winner(s). If the winner is disqualified or is found to be ineligible for the contest, the Company reserves the right to determine an alternate winner or not to award the prize, at its sole discretion. The prize(s) that may be awarded to the eligible winner(s) are:
Prize Package will include the following:
Two (2) tickets for winner and one guest to attend the "iHeartRadio Music Festival" in Las Vegas, NV;
Round-trip domestic airfare for winner and one guest to destination - Las Vegas, NV;
2 nights standard hotel accommodations at the MGM Grand in Las Vegas, NV or a comparable hotel determined at the
sole discretion of the Company;
Ground transportation for the winner and one guest to and from the Vegas airport and hotel;
Travel package must be scheduled for September 21 through September 22, 2012, other dates not valid
A trip for two (2) to 2012 iHeartRadio Music Festival in Las Vegas NV from September 21 through September 22, 2012. Domestic roundtrip airfare for winner and one (1) guest between the major metropolitan airport nearest prize winner’s primary residence and (in the event of any dispute, airport shall be as determined by the Company in its sole discretion) to destination airport ; one standard double occupancy hotel accommodations in Las Vegas, NV; roundtrip ground transportation to and from the hotel and airport at
destination only; and two (2) tickets to attend the 2012 "iHeartRadio Music Festival” both evenings. Total approximate retail value of the individual prize package is $2,800.00 USD. Prize package provided by Clear Channel Media+Entertainment. Prize value may vary depending upon departure location and time of travel. Other restrictions apply. Prize fulfillment will be coordinated with each winner by a third party prize fulfillment service on behalf of Sponsor. All prizes awarded must be fulfilled in the name of the designated winner. A winner is not a recipient of a prize until he/she has been verified and if the winner is unable to become verified then the winner will automatically be disqualified and their prize will be forfeited and no alternate winner will be selected at that time.The specifics of all aforementioned elements of the prize shall be solely determined by the Company.
Possible 600 total prizes packages may be awarded during the Contest period. All prize(s) are provided by Clear Channel.
The total estimated value of the overall prizes to be awarded in this Contest is $1,680,000.00.
ships, concert or event venues etc. Winner agrees that acceptance of any trip taken as a prize is done so entirely upon their own initiative, risk, and responsibility. BY ACCEPTING PRIZE, WINNERS ACCEPT THE INHERENTLY DANGEROUS NATURE AND RISK IN ANY TRAVEL OR TRANSPORTATION, INCLUDING BOATING, SUCH RISK INCLUDING PERSONAL INJURY AND/OR DEATH, ACKNOWLEDGES THAT HIS/HER PARTICIPATION IN THE PRIZE EVENT IS VOLUNTARY, ACKNOWLEDGES THAT THERE ARE NATURAL FACTORS AND OCCURRENCES WHICH MAY IMPACT ON OR AFFECT THE SAFETY OF THE ACTIVITIES HE/SHE IS PARTICIPATING IN AND HE/SHE ASSUMES THE RISK OF SUCH FACTORS AND OCCURRENCES AND AGREES THAT THE COMPANY AND RELEASED PARTIES SHALL NOT BE IN ANY WAY RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY RESULTING INJURY AND/OR DEATH.
Conditions and restrictions may apply. All applicable taxes (including, but not limited to all local, state and federal taxes) on all respective prizes awarded, upgrades and any other expense(s) not specifically identified in these Official Rules as included in a prize are the sole responsibility of each winner. The prize(s) that may be awarded to the eligible winner(s) are not transferable, redeemable for cash or exchangeable for any other prize, except in the Company’s sole discretion. All prizes must be redeemed within 30 days of the contest end date unless otherwise stated in the contest’s official rules or upon notification, or unless required as in d ate specific prizes. Certain prizes are date specific (i.e. concerts, trips) and the winner or winners must be available on the dates spe cified. If the winner is not available on the specified dates, winner will be disqualified and the Company reserves the right to choose an alternative prize winner. For certain prizes which are date specific such as event or concert tickets, the Company is not responsible for the cancellation or rescheduling of any event and no substitution or compensation shall be awarded. Company reserves the right to not award the prize associated with that canceled event or concert, without any payment or obligation to the winner or potential winner. Any provided tickets are subject to certain terms and conditions specified thereon. Location of seats and tickets are in Company’s sole discretion or may be predetermined as supplied by the Sponsor. The Company reserves the right to substitute a prize, in whole or in part, of equal or greater monetary value or may substitute such prize with another prize of equal or greater value, if for any reason a prize, or any portion thereof, as described herein should become unavailable for any reason. Any prize substitution shall be at the sole discretion of the Company and or Sponsor(s). When applicable prizes involving personal appearances of artists or celebrities are subject to artist/celebrity’s schedule. If, after a prize has been selected and ticketing has been completed, artist/celebrit y is unable to appear, such portions of the prize will be forfeited and Sponsor and/or the Company shall have no further obligation to winner. Winner(s) must present state authorized identification prior to being awarded the prize. Winner may be required to present a copy of a valid social security card and valid identification as a condition of participating or receiving any prize when winner will be issued an IRS Form 1099 reflecting the actual value of all prizes won. If a winner cannot be contacted or is disqualified for any reason, the Company reserves the right to determine an alternate winner or not to award that winner’s prize, in its sole discretion. If actual value of the prize is less than the stated ARV, or the winner and/or if applicable, his/her guest(s) and/or eligible travel companion(s) forfeit, d o not use, or are determined ineligible for any portion of the prize, the winner will not receive the difference between the actual and approximate retail value, and such difference will be forfeited. ALL PRIZES ARE AWARDED “AS IS” AND WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED (INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, ANY IMPLIED WARRANTY OF MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE), AND ALL SUCH WARRANTIES ARE HEREBY DISCLAIMED.
3. Eligibility and Limitations. Unless otherwise stated herein above, participants and winner(s) must be at least 18-years old, as of the date of entry and prize award and is a legal resident of the 50 U.S. or D.C. Participants and winners must reside within the participating Station’s Total Market Area (TMA) as determined by the Station or otherwise defined by Arbitron. Commonly the TMA represents the total overall radio station's comprehensive listening market audience within a geographic area encompassing all industry defined media market areas. In the event a participant must be at least 18 years old but are not the age of majority in their state of residence, then whichever is older, shall determine the minimum age requirement for eligibility of the entrant, when applicab le. If entries include minors, a parent or guardian of any participant who is a minor must sign a release on behalf of the minor to be eligi ble to receive a prize, but the Company reserves the right to refuse to award a prize to or on behalf of any minor. Unless oth erwise stated herein, only one (1) entry per person and only one (1) prize per household for any thirty (30) day period. The potential prize winner and, if the potential prize winner is under the age of the majority in their state of residence (which is ei ghteen (18) in most states but is nineteen (19) in Alabama and Nebraska and twenty-one (21) in Mississippi), the potential prize winner's parent or guardian, may (in Company’s sole discretion) be required to sign and return a declaration of eligibility and any other form necessary to verify eligibility, along with the required releases within twenty four (24) hours after the first (1st) delivery attempt to entrants e-mail address in order for the potential prize winner to be qualified for the prize, unless otherwise stated herein or at the time of notification. The potential prize winner's failure to return all required forms within this time period may result in the potential winner being disqualified a nd an alternate winner may be selected from all remaining eligible entries. Notwithstanding the determined age requirement set forth above, it is strictly prohibited for anyone who does not meet the age requirement at the time of entry to be allowed to participate in the contest and no one under the age of thirteen (13) shall be permitted to enter any Contests at any time, under any circumstances. Affiliates, and each of their respective employees, shareholders, directors, officers, members, successors or agents of the Company, the Contest’s participating sponsors and their advertising agencies, employees of other radio or television stations, and members of the immediate family of any such persons are not eligible to participate or win. The term “immediate family” includes spouses, siblings, pa rents, children, grandparents, and grandchildren, whether as “in-laws,” or by current or past marriage(s), remarriage(s), adoption, co- habitation or other family extension, and any other persons residing at the same household whether or not related.
AND ITS LICENSEES (IF ANY) RESERVE THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES AND ANY OTHER AVAILABLE REMEDIES FROM ANY SUCH PERSON(S) RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY SUCH ATTEMPT TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW. EACH ENTRANT (OR, IF THE ENTRANT IS NOT OF AGE OF MAJORITY IN HIS/HER STATE OF RESIDENCE, THE LEGAL GUARDIANS THEREOF) AGREES TO INDEMNIFY AND HOLD HARMLESS THE COMPANY AND ITS AGENTS FROM AND AGAINST ANY AND ALL CLAIMS, LOSSES, DAMAGES AND/OR LIABILITIES (INCLUDING REASONABLE ATTORNEYS' FEES AND EXPENSES) THAT MAY BE ASSERTED AGAINST OR INCURRED BY ANY OF THEM AT ANY TIME, IN CONNECTION WITH THE USE THEREOF, AND/OR BY ENTRANT’S BREACHES OF ANY REPRESENTATION, WARRANTY OR COVENANTS ASSOCIATED WITH THIS CONTEST. If, in The Company’s opinion, there is any suspected or actual evidence of fraud, electronic or non-electronic tampering or unauthorized intervention with any portion of this Contest, or if fraud or technical difficulties of any sort (e.g., computer viruses, bugs) compromise the integrity of the Contest, The Company reserves the right to void suspect Entry and/or evaluations and/or terminate the Contest and award the Prize in its sole discretion. The use of any automated launching or entry software or any other mechani cal or electronic means that permits the participant to automatically enter or evaluate repeatedly is prohibited. In the event of a dispute as to the identity of an entrant based on an email address, the entry in question may be disqualified. For all contests the Company disclaims all liability for any delays, misdelivery, loss, or failure in the delivery of any item sent by mail, courier, express, elect ronic transmission, or other delivery method. The Company is not responsible for mechanical, technical, electronic, communications, telephone, computer, hardware or software errors, malfunctions or failures of any kind, including: failed, incomplete, garbled or delayed transmis sion of online entries, traffic congestion on telephone lines, the Internet or at any website or lost or unavailable network connections which may limit an online entrant's ability to participate in the Contest, and any injury or damage to entrant’s or any other person’s comput er related to or resulting from participating in or downloading any information necessary to participate in the Contest. If a contest is a call in to win contest and/or a telephone is needed to participate in the Contest, participants are restricted to the use of ordinary teleph one equipment. Participants that enable the “Caller ID” block function will not be allowed to participate unless they enter their correct area code and telephone number if prompted, or disable the features inhibiting their participation in the Contest. Participants us ing equipment not set up for toll free phone exchanges (800, 888, 877, 866, etc.) may experience call connection problems. The Company disclaims all liability for the inability of a participant to complete or continue a telephone call due to equipment malfunct ion, busy lines, inadvertent disconnections, acts beyond the Company’s control, or otherwise. Any entry forms in a register-to-win contest must be handwritten. Photocopies or mechanical reproductions of any entry forms are not permitted. By participating in a contest in which text message-based entry is permitted, entrants acknowledge that text messages are distributed and delivered through third party providers; the Stations do not guarantee, and shall not be responsible for, the delivery or timeliness of any text message entry. Not all wireless carries support access to a common short code (CSC). The CSC being used to enter a contest may or may not be compatible with all wireless carriers, and as such, you may not be able to enter through the CSC method of entry. Entrants may use the alternative entry method to ensure registration. The Station will at all times consider the time that a message is logged as arriving in its system as being the time of entry, regardless of the time at which the entrant attempted to send the entry and any technical problems or other complications that may have delayed its delivery. The Station, through its third party text messaging administrators, will st ore all messages received on its system, and will send participants reply texts relating to the Contest throughout the Contest Period and up to
60 days. For help text HELP and to stop, text STOP to the specified program short code and follow the instructions provided at the entry process. Standard text and data rates will apply. The Station is not responsible for service outages, message failures,
transmission delays or any other factor affecting the availability or performance of the text messaging service. The Station further reserves the right to cancel, terminate or modify the contest if, in the sole discretion of the Station, it is impossible or impractical to
complete the contest as planned for any reason, including, but not limited to, infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention or technical failures of any sort. The Station may require, on request, proof of identity as to the rightful owner of the phone
number from which the text message entry was sent. The Station reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any entry if that entry's source and sender cannot be reasonably determined. In the event of termination of the Contest by Company, Company reserves the right to award any prize(s) in a manner deemed fair and equitable by Company. In no event will the type and qua ntity of prizes awarded exceed the number of prizes described in the Contest Official Rules.
6. Releases and Conditions. By participating in the Contest, each participant and winner waives any and all claims of liability against the Company, its employees and agents, the Contest’s sponsors and their respective employees and agents, for any personal inj ury or loss which may occur from the conduct of, or participation in, the Contest, or from the award, receipt and/or use or misuse of any prize, including any travel related thereto. As a condition of participating in the Contest, participants agree and acknowledge that in order to
receive a prize, participants must sign an official waiver form provided by the Company and agree to the terms herein, including but not limited to the prize conditions in this paragraph. The prize is subject to certain terms and conditions as specified herein. Winner and if applicable, winner’s guest must comply with all rules and regulations. Failure to do so may result in forfeiture of prize in its entirety. The prize elements will be awarded as described herein (subject to legal restrictions, etc.). By accepting the prize, Grand Prize Winner must agree to the prize conditions on participation and must sign a release to be eligible to receive a prize and hereby agre es that: (i) that all decisions of the Company, judges, and Contest Entities with respect to the Contest are final and bindi ng; (ii) to release the Company, Station and sponsors and their respective parent companies and affiliates, officers, directors, employees, agents, a nd licensees from any and all claims in connection with the Contest and the award or use of the prizes; (ii i) to allow the Company to and sponsors to use their names, voices, photographs, likenesses, biographical material, in any advertising or broadcasting mater ial relating to this contest, without additional financial or other compensation; and (iv) where allowed by law, sign a publicity release confirming such consent prior to acceptance of the prize. The Contest Entities are not responsible or liable to any entrant or winner or any person claiming through such entrant or winner for failure to supply the prize or any part thereof, by reason of any acts of God, any action, regulation, order or request by any governmental or quasi-governmental entity (whether or not the action, regulations, order or request proves to be invalid), equipment failure, threatened terrorist acts, terrorist acts, air raid, blackout, act of public enemy, earthquake, volcanic eruption, war (declared or undeclared), fire, flood, epidemic, explosion, unusually severe weather, hurricane, embar go, labor dispute or strike (whether legal or illegal) labor or material shortage, transportation interruption of any kind, work slow-down, civil disturbance, insurrection, riot, or any other cause beyond the Contest Entities’ sole control. All taxes, related fees, other costs and expenses related to prize acceptance and use not specified herein as being provided are the sole responsibility of prizewinner. The Company, Sponsor, and Station does not make, and is not responsible in any manner for, any warranties, representations, or guarantees, express or implied, in fact or law, relating to any prizes, regarding the use, value or enjoyment of the prize, including, without limitation, its quality, mechanical condition, or fitness for a particular purpose. The Company will have no further obligation to winner.
7. Taxes. Any valuation of the prize(s) stated above is based on available information provided to the Company, and the value of any prize awarded to a winner may be reported for tax purposes as required by law. Each winner is solely respons ible for reporting and paying any and all applicable taxes related to the prize(s) and paying any expenses associated with any prize(s) which are no t specifically provided for in the official rules, regardless of whether prize is used in whole or in part. Each winner must provide the Company with valid identification and a valid taxpayer identification number or social security number before any prize will be awarded. Any person winning over $600 in prizes from the Company will receive an IRS form 1099 at the end of the calendar year and a copy of such form will be filed with the IRS.
8. Conduct and Decisions. By participating in the Contest, participants agree to be bound by the decisions of Company personnel. Persons who violate any rule, gain unfair advantage in participating in the Contest, or obtain winner status using fraudulent means will be disqualified. Unsportsmanlike, disruptive, annoying, harassing or threatening behavior is prohibited. The Company will i nterpret these rules and resolve any disputes, conflicting claims or ambiguities concerning the rules or the Contest and the Company’s decisions concerning such disputes shall be final. If the conduct or outcome of the Contest is affected by human error, any mechanical malfunctions or failures of any kind, intentional interference or any event beyond the control of the Company, the Company reserves the right to terminate this Contest, or make such other decisions regarding the outcome as the Company deems appropriate. If, for any reason, more bona fide winners come forward seeking to claim the Prize, the winner may be selected in a random drawing from among all persons making purportedly valid claims for the Prize. Inclusion in such drawing shall be each entrant's sole and exclusi ve remedy under such circumstances. All decisions will be made by the Company and are final. Any reference in these Official Rules or as part of the Contest to The Company’s, Station’s and/or Sponsor's "discretion" and/or any exercise of discretion by Sponsor, St ation or the Company shall mean in Company’s, Station’s and/or Sponsor's "sole and unfettered discretion." Any attempt by an entrant or any other individual to deliberately circumvent, disrupt, damage or undermine the legitimate operation of this Contest is a violation of criminal and civil laws. Should such an attempt be made, the Company reserves the right to seek civil and/or criminal prosecution and/or d amages from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. The Company further reserves the right to: (i) terminate or declare any Contest null and void and rescind any prize, if in its sole judgment, the rules or the integrity of the Contest have been vio lated or compromised in any way, intentionally or unintentionally by any person whether or not a participant in the Contest; (ii) cancel, terminate or modify the contest if, in the sole discretion of the Company, it is impossible or impractical to complete the contest as p lanned for any reason, including, but not limited to, infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention or technical failures of any sort ; (iii) alter or amend these Contest rules at any time; and (iv) stop or conclude the Contest at any time without prior notice. Material changes to the contest rules will be broadcast on-air, when practical.
9. Miscellaneous. Void outside the United States, and wherever prohibited or restricted by law. Station reserves the right to determine eligibility should special circumstances arise, all decisions are considered final and binding. These rules are designed to be fair and equal to all participants. Odds of winning depend upon the number of eligible entries received during the Contest Pe riod from all participating stations. Each winner must submit proof of eligibility and sign the Company’s release form to claim the prize. The Company may substitute prizes, amend the rules, or discontinue the Contest at any time as announced on the Station(s). The Company disclaims any responsibility to notify participants of any aspect related to the conduct of the Contest. For a copy of the rules, or where required by law, a list of winners, visit the business office of the participating Station during normal business ho urs or visit the Station’s website. As a condition of participating in the Contest, participants agree (and agree to confirm in writing): (a) under no circumstances will entrant be permitted to obtain awards for, and participant hereby waives all rights to claim, punitive, in cidental, consequential, or any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses; (b) all causes of action arising out of or connected with this Contest, or any prize awarded, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action; and (c) any and all claims, judgments, and award shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, excluding attorneys’ fees and court costs. Participation in the Contest constitutes entrant’s full and unconditional agreement to, and acceptance of these Official Rules. Winning a prize is contingent upon entrant’s fulfillment of all requirements set forth herein.
10. Compliance with Law. The conduct of the Contest is governed by the applicable laws of the United States of America, which take precedence over any rule to the contrary herein. The Company and participating Station(s) shall follow the applicable laws for conducting contests, including notice to the state attorney general or consumer affairs office, posting of a prize bond, furn ishing lists of winners, running specific on-air disclaimers, providing specific written information about the Contest, etc. as required by applicable local and state law.
Individual Participating Stations may opt to make amendments or changes regarding qualifying or participation affecting that station only by including hereto an attached addendum amending the rules and outlining the applicable changes. The
Company is conducting the Contest concurrently and simultaneously on several participating stations that are located in vario us States and their perspective time zones. Entrants not located within the Eastern Standard Time (EST) zone, must factor in the time difference in determining the dates and times stated herein. The Company may add or remove participating stations or change call letters of any participating station at any time during the Contest as announced on the affected station. The Station’s participation in this contest during the contest dates may vary from day to day as announced on air of the affected Station, and as listed as amended in Appendix A and as noted in any applicable addendum. Station will announce participation. Stations participating in this contest may include all stations owned or operated by Clear Channel Broadcasting, Inc. FOR A LIST OF THE STATIONS PARTICIPATING AND THE INDIVIDUAL STATION QUALIFYING TIMES OF PARTICIPATION PLEASE SEE THE CORRESPONDING ATTACHED APPENDIX.